Saturday, August 17, 2013

Aah, the simple days. My favorite book, my favorite smoothie, and my second home, Ontai Beach, all in one package on a beautiful day. Simplicity. Ah, nice word isn’t it? Simplicity. Simplicity. Simplicity. It never gets old. If only this word could describe us. It’s a shame. My favorite philosopher, Confucius, once said:
“Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated.”
Amen! It’s the simple things in life that make life easy. People need to take a step back and make time to enjoy the simple things in life. Many people find that love is complicated. False, we only make it complicated because we think too much about it. To love is only natural; but to forcefully love is never natural. You must be true to human nature when you love, and that means the little things in life. Those are the undiscovered windows of happiness. Find time to enjoy the present. Divide up your time, some for your work and some for your love, if you have one. Working as an agent at the Real Estate Company “Schwabbs,” does not define my life. I make time for the little things, which include playing guitar, performing on stage, and going to the beach. It’s all about the little things. Life’s too short. Enjoy it while it lasts.
Charlie- the main character in The Perks of Being a Wallflower- really relates to me. Although I am not a wallflower, we are similar in other ways. We are deep thinkers, and we view life from various perspectives. We pause, enjoying what lies in front of us. We also adapt easily to the new changes in our life. Change is a reality; it’s up to us how to handle it. I agree with Charlie’s statement:
“Things change. And friends leave. Life doesn't stop for anybody.”

It’s nice to find another me. Our minds are clear, clear from all the complicated ties in our lives. And in this clear world, I withdraw into myself, and discover a world free from fear of the future. I’m free and I’m open. Simple is a way to describe it. Yes, dear friends, take what’s simple and live life by the day. I hope there’s someone like Charlie in the real world.



No comments:

Post a Comment